If you’re looking for a great steam mop, you’ve come to the right place.
Maybe you have hardwood floors and need something that won’t damage them, or you might have a tile floor that needs some serious scrubbing power.
Whatever your floor-cleaning needs are, we’ve got you covered.
The Best Steam Mops for Your Floors
Let’s go through some of the best-reviewed and most widely-used steam mops for hardwood, laminate, and tile floors. The models we’ll look at are not only great at cleaning your floors, but they’re also easy to use and relatively inexpensive.
Check out our key buying table below, and keep scrolling if you want to dive a bit deeper into each one and pick up a few more tips and tricks!
|-||Products Mentioned In This Article||A Quick Look||Price|
Bissell Power Fresh Deluxe Steam Mop
|Check Latest Price|
BEST FOR PETS
Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum
|Check Latest Price|
PurSteam Steam Mop 10-in-1
|Check Latest Price|
Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop
|Check Latest Price|
Shark S1000 Steam Mop
|Check Latest Price|
Reliable 300CU Steam Floor Mop
|Check Latest Price|
Reliable Pronto Plus 300CS 2-In-1 Steam Cleaner
|Check Latest Price|
1.) PowerFresh Deluxe Steam Mop by Bissell (BEST OVERALL)
The PowerFresh Deluxe Steam Mop by Bissell is the best choice for anyone who wants to get a clean, sanitized floor without spending hours on the chore. This steam mop heats up in 30 seconds and has a 25-foot cord so you can clean your whole house with ease.
The mop is easy to store away when not in use because of its slim design — even under your bed or in a closet! The built-in brush makes cleaning inaccessible areas like corners and baseboards effortless. You can also add fragrance discs to give your home a fresh aroma while you’re cleaning.
This steam mop comes with a SpotBoost scrub brush that allows you to scrub away stubborn stains without damaging your floors. The foot pedal has a step-down function, so you can release the head to activate the brush.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip-down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam
- Features swivel steering and a 23-foot power cord. ready to use in 30 seconds
- Smart set steam control for light cleaning to heavy messes.
- Spring breeze fragrance discs insert in the mop pad for a fresh, clean scent while you steam mop.
- Removable water tank you can easily fill at the sink.
- Low-profile mop head cleans into corners and edges.
The quick video below will show you the Bissell Powerfresh in action!
2.) Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner by Bissell (BEST FOR PETS)
The Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Steam Vacuum Cleaner by Bissell is the perfect solution for cleaning up after your pets.
The all-in-one cleaning machine can do the work of two separate devices: a dry vacuum and a steam mop. It’s lightweight, easy to use, and has a 25-foot cord length.
Bissell’s combined product cleans both wet and dry messes in one sweep, making it easy for you to clean up after your pet. It has an adjustable steam output, so you can choose between maximum power or low steam, depending on what you need.
This product uses reusable microfiber pads with disposable pads as well. The reusable pads are washable in cold water with soap; throw them in the dryer on low heat if needed.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports the Bissell pet foundation
- Vacuum and steam your floors at the same time
- The Pet Model Features The Exclusive Drop-It Tank Emptying System Which Prevents You From Getting Your Hands Dirty
- The Pet Model Includes Disposable Pads For Those Pet Messes You'd Rather Throw Away And Washable Microfiber Pads For Everyday Cleaning
- Powerful, cyclonic vacuum helps capture pet hair and debris
- INCLUDES: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, detachable mop pad tray, detachable Steam boost tray, (4) Swiffer BISSELL Steam boost disposable pads.
3.) PurSteam 10-In-1 Steam Mop (MOST VERSATILE)
The PurSteam 10-In-1 is one of the most versatile steam mops available.
Its variable steam settings offer you the freedom to clean your floors exactly how you want. The steam mop’s attachments allow you to clean countertops, shower glass and many other areas around the home. A handy 16-foot cord lets you clean expansive areas without needing an extension cord too.
This steam mop has a 12.8oz reservoir allowing for about 25 minutes of steam cleaning on the lowest setting without having to refill its water tank.
The PurSteam 10-In-1 also easily converts into a handheld steamer allowing you to easily reach hard-to-clean areas in your home, such as ceiling fans, light fixtures and way more!
4.) Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop by Shark
The Shark Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop lets you clean more than just the floors.
You can hold the steam cleaner in your hands to clean anything from kitchen counters to windows and walls (note: these are our best handheld steam cleaners). The double-sided microfiber pad means you can use it on hard floors and carpets, while the adjustable steam control lets you customize the amount of steam generated by the mop head.
The cord length is 22 feet, which allows you to clean larger areas without having to change outlets or unplug halfway through. It also includes a Steam Blaster nozzle that shoots out hot steam for stubborn stains and tough mess.
The triangular scrubber head scrubs away dirt and grime while the microfiber pocket pad glides across your floor with ease. The high steam rate allows you to get your floors nice and clean in less time than it would take with a typical manual mop or broom!
- 2-in-1 steam pocket mop with removable handheld steamer for above-floor cleaning
- Intelli-mop head with touch-free pad attach and release technology
- Steam blaster blasts stuck-on messes
- Dual-sided dirt grip pads
- 3 levels of intelligent steam control to easily dust, mop and scrub. machine wash dirt grip pads sep
- 3 feet. above-floor accessory hose
5.) Steam Mop S1000 by Shark
The Steam Mop S1000 is a great value piece for the price.
It’s easy to set up, use, and maintain. It’s also inexpensive, which is a plus.
The removable water tank makes it easy to fill. The only real downside is that there’s only one steam level – this aspect can be an issue if you’re looking for something with a bit more power or if you want higher heat settings.
The steamer locks upright when not in use and doesn’t fall over when on, which is nice and has improved since the previous model.
Overall, this product is an excellent option for anyone looking for an affordable steam mop designed for regular use.
6.) Steam Floor Mop 300CU by Reliable
The Reliable Steam Floor Mop 300CU is a fantastic choice if you want an easy-to-store, portable floor cleaner.
It has a stand that allows it to stand up on its own, which makes storage simple and compact. The mop is also easy to carry and maneuver into corners.
The Reliable Steam Floor Mop 300CU comes with two microfiber pads that allow you to clean hardwood and tile floors. You can also attach a scrub brush head for more stubborn stains or mess. The mop also includes a snap-on bumper to slide on carpets so you can get them clean too.
When it comes to cleaning power, this steam mop has an adjustable steam output, meaning you can easily adjust the amount of steam you need for any type of mess or stain.
- Ready in 2 minutes - a super fast heat up steam mop
- Powerful tile scrubber - heavy-duty scrubber brush makes floor tiles and grout lines like new again
- Foot release - this reliable steam mop features easy press foot release button
- Ergonomic handle - comfortable grip and light touch steam release button
- Removable water tank - this steam mop features a removable water tank for a quick refill during use
- Hold & control - no more wet floors! Cycle the trigger 5 seconds on and off for best results.
7.) Pronto Plus 300CS 2-in-1 Steam Cleaner by Reliable
The Pronto Plus 300CS is a great 2-in-1 steam cleaner perfect for all areas of your home.
It has a triangular head that reaches tight crevices and corners so you can clean all the nooks and crannies. The Pronto Plus 300CS also turns into a unit you can hold with attachments that let you clean faucets, grills, tile, and other hard-to-reach areas in your home.
Pronto’s 300CS Plus steamer also has an adjustable steam output, which you can choose how much steam you want to use — from light to heavy duty. The cord length is 19 1/2 feet long for a good reach between rooms.
This particular model comes with a 4-foot extension pole for added reach and versatility when cleaning. The removable water tank makes it easy to fill up without spilling water all over your floor.
Why Buy a Steam Mop?
A steam mop is an investment, but it’s worth it.
Here are a few reasons why you should buy a steam mop for your home.
- No buckets or additional expensive cleaning products: Steam mops use plain water to produce steam, so you don’t have to worry about mixing cleaning liquids and purchasing expensive cleaners.
- No hands-and-knees cleaning: You can clean your entire floor with one mop, meaning you won’t have to worry about getting down on your hands and knees with a traditional mop or broom.
- Turn plain water into steam: Steam is hot enough to kill 99.9% of germs without any chemicals or fumes and is safe for use around pets and children.
- Dissolve grime and stains: Steam mops can dissolve grime that regular mops can’t handle, like dried grease or other spills that would cause a mess if you didn’t clean them up quickly.
- Remove dust and dirt: A good steam mop will remove dust from hardwood floors without leaving streaks behind because its microfiber pads are designed just for cleaning wood floors.
- Sanitize while cleaning: Steam mops sanitize bathrooms and pet areas, which means that they’re great for families with small children or pets. They’re also useful for cleaning grimy hardwood floors or tile floors. If you have a lot of wood or tile in your house, a steam mop is an excellent option.
- Comes with attachments: Steam mops also come with an assortment of attachments that let you clean grout, grill grates, and windows without damaging them or leaving streaks behind like other methods tend to do. And if you have fabric furniture, don’t worry — they’ll work just as well on those surfaces too.
Types of Steam Mops
Steam mops do a great job deep cleaning certain types of floors without cleaning products, hours of work, or a big mess. There are three types of steam mops available on the market.
Adjustable Steam Mops
Adjustable steam mops have low, medium, and high steam levels. These are good for everyday cleaning, but they’re not great for extra dirty spots. They require more passes on extra dirty spots to get them clean, which may be time-consuming if you have a lot of floors to clean.
Continuous Steam Mops
Continuous steam mops are better for deep cleaning than adjustable ones because they require less effort from you as the user. They continuously dispense steam to your floors as you move forward over them, so there’s no need to stop and trigger bursts of steam yourself like with on-demand models. This aspect is fantastic if you don’t want to expend much energy while doing housework!
On-Demand Steam Mops
On-demand steam mops use a trigger mechanism that lets you dispense bursts of steam whenever you need them (for example, when finishing up after scrubbing out the shower or cleaning off some sticky spots on the floor).
These can be easier than continuous models because they only trigger when needed; however, they require more effort than continuous models because they’re not always spraying steam onto your surfaces automatically as you go about your day’s activities.
Things To Consider When Getting a Steam Mop
If you’re looking for a steam mop, you’ve probably already done your research and know that they’re an effective way to clean your floors without the chemicals of traditional cleaning products.
Type of Floor
Think about what type of floor you’re cleaning. Steam mops produce the best results on smooth floors made of ceramic, vinyl, or porcelain.
These types of floors are usually sealed against moisture penetration and can withstand some moisture from a steam mop without getting damaged.
Some manufacturers recommend against using their products on wood floors because they could damage them over time. Check your manufacturer warranty before proceeding with any such use of your steam mop.
If you’re looking for a steam mop that will clean the grout in your tile floors, look elsewhere. Steam mops are great for cleaning tile floors, but they don’t have any special chemicals that can affect the color or texture of grout.
Condition of Floor
Consider the condition of your flooring. Using a steam mop may warp the wood or even loosen the laminate. If you have delicate laminate on your floors — or if you’ve painted or stained them — you should avoid using a steam mop on them at all costs.
Before buying one of these machines, know that not all steam mops have the same features and strengths. Some have specifications that may sound great but don’t help you clean your home better or faster. To make sure you get the best value for your money, consider these five key areas when shopping:
- A removable tank with a large opening for easy filling.
- A swivel head so you can easily maneuver around your home.
- A long cord that doesn’t limit you to using the nearest outlet.
- A low profile so it can get under furniture and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Multiple cleaning pads allow you to switch from one pad as it becomes soiled, ensuring you can do the cleaning job thoroughly.
Corded vs. Cordless Steam Mops
When shopping for a steam mop, the cordless models might seem like the best options. They’re lightweight, easy to use, and don’t require any cords or cables. But before you go out and buy one of these models, there are some things you should know.
Cordless steam mops don’t get hot enough to sanitize or create steam, which can be a problem because consumers want to use their mops on tile floors that must be sanitized and disinfected for safety reasons.
The reviews for cordless steam mops aren’t good either. Most people who have tried these products say they are frustrating to use and don’t provide adequate results.
Is Steaming Floors Better Than Mopping?
Steaming your floors is better than mopping because it’s more effective, requires fewer cleaning products, and can be used to clean several surfaces.
First, steam cleaning gives you a deeper clean than traditional mopping. Steam cleaning uses hot steam to remove dirt and germs from your floors. The heat of the steam also kills bacteria that can cause illness. The heat present means that when you use a steam cleaner on your floors, there are fewer germs to spread throughout your home.
Second, steam cleaning reduces the number of cleaning products you use in your home. When you use a mop or sponge, you have to spray on cleaners before each use. With a steam cleaner, the machine does all of the work for you. You don’t need any extra products at all.
Finally, if you have kids or pets in your home, using a steam cleaner instead of mopping could be beneficial for them as well as for yourself.
Since it uses hot steam instead of chemicals or water to clean surfaces like carpets and hardwood floors (where germs tend to live), there’s less chance that someone could get sick from coming in contact with these surfaces after you have them with this method.
We’re here to help you find the best steam mop for your floors. Whether it’s hardwood, laminate, tile, or vinyl, we discuss some common questions related to steam mops.
What is the best steam mop for hardwood floors?
We like the Steam Mop S1000 by Shark for hardwood floors.
What is the best steam mop for laminate floors?
The Lift-Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop by Shark does a great job with laminate floors.
What is the best steam mop for tile floors?
Try the Steam Floor Mop 300CU by Reliable for cleaning your tile floors in the kitchen and bath.
What is the best cordless steam mop?
If you want a cordless mop, try the Dreametech H11 Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner. However, it only lasts for 30 minutes on batteries and costs nearly $400, which might be too expensive for some homeowners.
What is the best steam mop for vinyl floors?
The Pronto Plus 300CS 2-in-1 Steam Cleaner by Reliable cleans vinyl floors exceptionally well.
Steam mops maintain your floors without using harsh chemicals or waxes. They’re also easier on the environment than other types of cleaning solutions because they don’t use any cleaners that contain chemicals that could potentially pollute our water supply. The best steam mops for hardwood, laminate, and tile floors are easy to use, lightweight, and come with many attachments for deep cleaning your whole home.